Learning Chinese / Mandarin Course

The easiest and fastest way you Must know to master Chinese

Apply 日本語

Inquiry - Chinese Course

* = required field

*First Name:

*Last Name:

*Sex: Male Female

*Date of Birth:
Day/ Month/ Year


*Currently In:

Phone Number:

Best time to Call:

*Email Address:

*Which city in Taiwan do you want to study in?

*How long do you plan to study in Taiwan?

*Expect Date of Arrival?

Questions & Comments:

Home \ Visa

Visa Application

Please note that the following visa information is for your reference only. All the information shall be adjusted in accordance with the announcements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Immigration Agency.

Application for a visa to come to the Republic of China (Taiwan)

Student could apply for "Visitor Visa"(valid for 60days) at the ROC(Taiwan) embassies, consulates or reoresentative offices located in their respective countries.

If there is no ROC embassy or representative office in your country, we suggest you to apply for your visa in the country where you plan to transfer the flight on your way to Taiwan, such as Hong Kong or representitive offices can be found at the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ministry.

  • Please note: A holder of non-extendable visa or an expired visa cannot have his/her visa extended in Taiwan. To renew his/her visa, he/she has to leave Taiwan to apply for a new one.

  • Foreigners are required to fill in of disembarkation forms(arrival forms) when entering Taiwan. Please fill in the university address for your address staying in Taiwan.

Extension of a visitor visa

Visitor visa holders who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty days and whose visas bear no such remark such as "no extension will be granted" may apply at the nearest city/county National Immigration Agency for an extension for no more than 60 days. The visa holders are allowed to extend visas twice. The procedure for applying for an extension: Please obtain the “school enrollment certificate” and the “record of attendance” from the office.

The first extension: Bring the “school enrollment certificate” and your passport to a National Immigration Agency and fill out the necessary documents.

The second extension: Bring your passport, “school enrollment certificate,” and “record of attendance” to a National Immigration Agency and fill out the necessary documents to extend your visa.

If your visa has a remark such as "no extension will be granted" or you are holding a temporary visa (permit to stay for 14 or 30 days), you have to change your visa status by applying at the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and then go to the National Immigration Agency for extensions. If your visa status cannot be changed, then you must depart Taiwan and re-apply for a new visa.

  • Students should begin preparing to apply for an extension before the visa expires. If students do not apply for an extension of the visa before it expires, they might not be allowed to extend the visa and they could possibly be fined or told to leave the country.

  • A visitor's visa can be extended in Taiwan twice. After that, you can either choose to change it to a resident visa, or choose to leave Taiwan and apply for a new visa outside of the country.

Related Organization

  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.boca.gov.tw
    • Address: 3~5 Fl., 2-2 Chi-Nan Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei , Taiwan, ROC
    • Service Hour: Monday ~ Friday 08:30~17:00
    • Tel:( 886 2) 2343-2888 Fax: ( 886 2) 2343-2968
    • Passport Help Phone: ( 886 2)2343-2807~8
    • VISA Help Phone: ( 886 2)2343-2885 (Lunch Break 12:30~13:30)
    • Tel for emergency:(886 3)398-2629
  • National Immigration Agency http://www.immigration.gov.tw/
    • Service Hour: Monday ~ Friday 08:00 a.m.-17:00 p.m. through the lunch hour,from Monday to Friday after November 30, 2007. (Before that date, the service centers are closed at 17:30 p.m. on every weekday).
    • Interactive Voice Response Inquiry Line:( 886 2) 2370-2797
    • Hot Line: ( 886 2)2389-9983
    • NIA Headquarters TEL:( 886 2)2388-9393
    • Call Center: 0800-024-111

Apply for Chinese Course


Applicants must be over 18 years old. The applicants are required to have completed at least high school education.

Required Documents

  1. Application Form
  2. Completed application form with two of 2-inch photos
  3. A photocopy of the applicant’s high school or higher diploma: of most recently awarded diploma (or an university acceptance letter for graduating high school seniors or university/college transcripts). And a photocopy of a transcript of academic records (at least a high school transcript should be provided).
  4. Health Certificate: Includes a report of physical health examination (particularly of HIV negative status) conducted within the last six (6) months.
  5. Financial Statement: must be current (within the past 3 month) and show that the applicant has adequate funds to cover his or her intended period of study, to the extent of at least US$2,500. The statement must show that the name of a parent. The amount should be in U.S. dollars. This proof may be a dated bank statement or a letter from a bank on its letterhead written within the past 3 months. If using a parent's statement, the spelling must be the same as on the application and that parent must submit a letter guaranteeing willingness to support the applicant's stay in Taiwan.
  6. Proof of a scholarship or bank loan are also acceptable forms of documentation.
  7. Copy of your passport or, if available, your Alien Resident Certificate. If you don’t yet have a passport when you sent your application, you may submit a copy of it later during registration at the Language Center.
  8. Study plan:a brief description of yourself plus reasons for wanting to learn Chinese. An official letter of recommendation: preferably from a previous teacher or other suitable referee.
TEL:886-4-23813698 FAX:886-4-23813705 Please feel free to contact us for more information: service@de-wey.com.tw Advertise/刊登廣告
Copyright 2008 www.esldewey.com.tw